Thursday, April 7, 2011

Quilts

The last weekend of January was the Modesto Quilt Show. My mom gets a booth there so she can sell all her creations. Well the week before that, I was feeling pretty crafty so I went all crazy and made 7 quilt tops and a bunch (at least 20) of tiny quilts out of all the scraps. Well I had made soo much that actually finishing any of it became a challenge. Before the quilt show I was able to finish 1 quilt (my first binding experience) and about 5 Baby Tag toys (out of the tiny quilts) I don't have any pictures of the Tag Toys but I did finish 3 more of the quilts before the Manteca Quilt show that was the first weekend of March.
~~~
Here is quilt number one, Lime green with purple polka dots and blue accents. With a blue and white striped fabric as the back. I used dark purple floss to tie it.
Here is quilt #2 made out of the leftovers from Vivian's quilt I made last year. I used a pink floral satin for the back and dark pink yarn for the ties.
Here is quilt #3 Orange and yellow with green and pink accents with a dark orange fleece for the back. I used green yarn to tie this one.
Here is a baby doll quilt I also made out of the leftovers from Vivian's quilt. (This I made shortly after finishing hers but never got a picture of it until now.)
Here is the quilt I had finished in January. My mom actually quilted this one on her big machine using a meandering pattern. The back is a landscape of a town and my first binding experience was far less than perfect but it's still sturdy and finished.

I had a lot of fun and one of these days I will finish the rest of them. None of them sold at the quilt shows so if you are interested in any of them... Just let me know. The first 3 are $25 and the green one my mom sold to someone later for $40.

No comments: