Monday, November 24, 2008

Bear Cake

It's understandably going to take me awhile to get in a routine to post on here everyday but for now I'll show you the bear cake that I made for my brother-in-laws birthday. I decided I wanted to try something I've never tried before and so I did. I didn't look at any pictures to get ideas because it was a kind of spur of the mometn decision. It was interesting trying to figure out which pans to use for which body parts but it ended up working out pretty good.
I used a big bread pan for the body, littler bread pans for the arms and legs and then just cut them in half. Then for the head and ears I used mini bundt pans. I filled the hole in the head and the area inbetween the legs with Andes Candies bits and then I decided to use those on top as well to make the tummy and the claws. I wasn't sure if I'd have enough frosting to frost all that so I whipped the frosting and it pretty much doubled the amount I had. It took awhile to get all those edges covered but it worked out in the end.


Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your bear cake! It looks awesome!!!