Thursday, November 20, 2008

Reason

I've wanted to start this blog for awhile and I'm finally going to do it. I have a personal goal to learn something new every day. If I hold myself accountable to posting whatever that may be on this blog then I might be a little more disciplined about it. Here are the 8 things I want to learn more about:

1. Parenting
2. Cooking
3. Photography (only a year left to finish my correspondence class)
4. The Scriptures and Book of Mormon History
5. The Latter-Day Prophets
6. People (how they think, how to understand and connect with them)
7. Our Amway Business
8. Sewing (clothes and quilting)

This is a pretty broad range of topics to post about so this is a very reasonable goal for myself. I will post anything from a recipe to a sewing project to books I've read to just things on my mind.

To explain the title of this blog, "Wisdom is the Application of Knowledge," it is something John said to me in a Priesthood Blessing not too long ago. So if you want to look at it as straight from Heavenly Father your welcome to do so, because that is where I believe it came from. It was said to remind me that I do infact have knowledge but if I want to gain wisdom then I need to apply what I know.

However by using it as the title of this blog I am in no way suggesting that I am "WISE" in all the things that I may post on here. That is why the URL says, "Lorina's bits of Knowledge," because they are going to be things that I know or think rather than things I am currently practicing or applying. Therefore I am claiming them as knowledge rather than wisdom. In reality most of the things I post on here will have been applied or at least will be something I am trying to apply in my life, but count this as a disclaimer: that I am not perfect, so you will have to allow me room for mistakes.

The main purpose of this blog is for me to learn and grow. To become a better person today than I was yesterday. To realize for myself how to apply the knowledge I am blessed with to my life. The purpose is not to brag about how smart I am (or am not). It is to document my journey in hopes that someone, somewhere along the road will benefit from it. I hope you will enjoy what I have to offer. I invite you all to leave plenty of comments because I know I can learn from each and every one of you.

No comments: