Friday, January 30, 2009

Relief Society

We had a Stake Enrichment last night where they invited the Sacramento Temple President and his wife to speak to us. I guess the theme for the night was "Women are, that they might have joy." So they talked about 3 words that brought great joy to their lives and that they tried to ponder on and apply everyday. 1) The Creation. 2) The Fall. 3) The Atonement.

Even though, I thought she was going to say something entirely different, I was able to apply it to my life imeadiately. Each new day is a Creation. I can Create things with the kids, I can Create fun and happy times. I can Create smiles and laughter. But there is going to be a Fall. The kids are going to Fall. They are going to whine. They are going to disobey. I am going to get mad, lose my pateince and yell. That is life. But I have to realize that there is the Atonement. That I can give that anger to the Lord and let him deal with it and I can go back to the Creation stage.

In the original Creation, after they created something, they would always say, "And it was Good." I need to look at my life and say, "And it was good" more often. I need to realize the good in everything and everyone. They also talked about our Trials and how we can find joy in them and that each trial is just an opportunity to know the Savior better.

They were both great talks that had more to them, but that is what I got out of it that I need to apply to my own life. But the best part of the night was the closing song. I've sung this hymn before but it had never hit me like it did last night. It seems like a prayer I need to say everyday.

Hymn #131
More Holliness Give Me

More holliness give me,
More strivings with-in,
More patience in suff'ring,
More sorrow for sin,
More faith in my savior
More sense of his care,
More joy in his service,
More purpose in prayer.

More gratitude give me,
More trust in the Lord,
More pride in his glory,
More hope in his word,
More tears for his sorrows,
More pain at his grief,
More meekness in trial,
More praise for relief.

More purity give me,
More strength to o'er-come,
More freedom from earth stains,
More longing for home,
More fit for the kingdom,
More used would I be,
More blessed and holy-
More, Savior, like thee.

1 comment:

Michelle Elena said...

Thank you for that Lorina